The care finder program aims to deliver specialist and intensive assistance to help people to understand and access aged care and connect with other relevant supports in the Adelaide PHN and Country SA PHN regions.
The program will specifically target senior Australians who are homeless or at risk of homelessness or have multiple reasons for requiring intensive support to interact with My Aged Care, access aged care services and/or access other relevant supports in the community.
Reasons for requiring intensive support may include:
• isolation or no support person (e.g., carer, family, or representative) who they are comfortable to act on their behalf and/or who is willing and able to support them to access aged care services via My Aged Care
• communication barriers, including limited literacy skills
• difficulty processing information to make decisions
• resistance to engage with aged care for any reason and their safety is at immediate risk or they may end up in a crisis situation within the next year
• past experiences that mean they are hesitant to engage with aged care, institutions, or government.
The My Aged Care website has more information on the care finder program.
AgedCare Alternatives has been selected by the Adelaide PHN and Country SA PHN to deliver care finder services in the Adelaide Metro; Hills, Mallee, Southern: Riverland and South Eastern regions.