Are you finding it difficult to afford your essential continence products?
The Continence Aids Payment Scheme provides a payment to assist eligible people, who have permanent and severe incontinence, to meet some of the cost of their continence products.
Who is eligible
An Australian citizen or a permanent Australian resident with:
- A permanent and severe incontinence of bladder and or bowel function, caused by an eligible neurological condition, or
- A permanent and severe incontinence of bladder or bowel function caused by eligible other condition,
- A Centrelink Pensioner Concession card or a DVA Pensioner Concession card.
Who is not eligible
- A person who is a high care resident in Australian government funded aged care home.
- Receive a government funded Home Care Package and their care plan includes continence products.
- A person who is on National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) recipient and their NDIS plan covers continence products.
- People who are eligible for assistance with continence products under the DVA Rehabilitation Appliances Program (RAP) which is available through DVA.
- A person whose incontinence is transient (not permanent) and can be treated conservatively eg; pelvic floor muscle exercises, with medication or with surgery.
- A person whose incontinence is confined to night-time bed wetting (nocturnal enuresis)
If you wish to have more information on Continence Aids Payment Scheme, please contact AgedCare Alternatives on 8408 4600 or follow the links in our website.